I am writer and broadcaster with a particular interest in the arts, popular culture and technology.
This is my first blog and is an expression of opinion.
Please feel free to make comments and be as frank as you like.
- Marina Abramović made me cry. Over nothing.
- Soylent Beige – First prize: a week’s supply. Second prize: two week’s supply.
- Soylent Beige – If you tolerate this, your Happy Meal will be next
- The education system has failed us – private education, that is.
- Let the games begone – lies, damned lies and legacy
- Do you want fries with that?
- Shaving Slices of Salami from a Smurf
- Not In Your Backyard (if I can help it)
- The Customer Is Always Right – Suits You, Sir!
- Pay no attention to that curator behind the curtain!
Monthly Archives: March 2010
My ongoing response to The Great British Art Debate. Dear readers, have patience, the end is nigh. Does the art of the past have anything to say about the world of today? One of the most impressive shows I saw seen … Continue reading
I don’t think you can possibly imagine how much I have longed to see the words “Beyoncé”, “lesbian” and “girlfight” appear in the same press-release. However, it’s a shame that they have been attached to one of most tedious and … Continue reading
David: “How much did you pay for this?” Juiliet: “Five hundred pounds.” David: “Five hundred pounds? You paid five hundred pounds for this?” Juliet: “That’s what it cost, David.” David: “No, no, that’s what you paid for it. Five-hundred pounds … Continue reading